You won’t find any hi-rise hotels or overly commercialized areas here. Nope, St Croix is known for being quaint and cozy and we are darn proud of it! What dominates our skyline are beautiful, green, rolling hills and breath-taking Caribbean sunsets. There are a several good sized resorts and many small boutique-style hotels. You’ll find beachside or downtown depending upon your liking. Or, if you want to experience the island Swiss Family Robinson-style, we have a few great eco lodges that specialize in green travel. We also have many gorgeous and surprisingly affordable private villas for rent. Take your pick – there’s something for everyone and every budget.
Classic elegance and luxury amenities are what you will find at this historic resort. The Buccaneer is the oldest family run resort and hotel in the Caribbean, originally opened by the Armstrong family in the 1940s and an instant hit with stars of the Golden Age of Hollywood era. It continues to be a favorite with celebrities, families and returning guests to St Croix year after year.
The sprawling property boasts:
- Three beaches
- Three restaurants
- onsite full-service Hideaway Spa
- 8 plexipave tennis courts, 2 lit for night matches
- Par 70, 18-hole Bob Joyce designed golf course with several oceanfront vistas
- Complimentary use of paddleboards, ocean kayaks, snorkeling gear, floating mats, beach toys and games for hotel guests
- Over 100 guests rooms in 5 different areas including a private villa "The Beach House at Whistle Point"